Explore the blog
Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hello, Darling!

My oldest friend lives in Orlando. His name is David and we've been friends for almost 20 years. We met in elementary school and he was even my first serious boyfriend. (Oh, how young we were!) Even after he moved though, we've remained good friends. He's a great guy. I try to see him every time I go down to Disney to spend some time with him and catch up.

But then something crazy happened. Have any of you heard of the Cannibal Cop? The NYPD cop who was arrested for plotting to kill and cook several acquaintances including his own wife? Well, yes, he was one of our classmates in middle school. Later in high school, he went to the all-boys brother school of my all-girls Catholic school so we would hang out at the dances. I had NO idea that years later, this would happen (but really, who ever does?). It was such a surprise to see his face plastered on the newspaper covers and on television. So I cut out some newspaper clippings and sent it to David.

Even though the content was quite shocking, I wanted to create a sweet card to contrast the clippings. This is what I came up with.




First, I used Versamark embossing ink to stamp the flowers on the card. I added purple glitter and heat embossed it. I didn't want to ink the entire card, so I taped scrap paper on all corners and went over the stamp with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. I knew I wanted a sentiment on the front so I took a piece of chip board and stamped Hello Darling in purple and added some yellow ribbon to top it off.

Looking at it now, it is a little girly, but I just chalk that to habit. The next one I send will definitely be more masculine. haha

David and I hanging out at Walt Disney World a few years ago. =)

Whould you like to comment?