Explore the blog
Thursday, December 9, 2021

Better Late than Never

I'm extremely late with this Halloween post, but trying to find a quiet moment to blog has been challenging lately. As a result, I'm going to do my best to remember the particulars of these cards!



This first card I made for a friend of mine who is currently working and living in Paris! I wanted to send him a card and some candy since Halloween isn't really a big thing over there. Of course, due to our crazy postal system, it got there closer to December... But whatever. This stamp was one I bought AGES ago at Michael's and finally got to use. I tried to distress it a bit with Black Soot Distress ink and kept the coloring basic. I don't remember where the background cardstock was from though, but I'm willing to bet that came from Michael's too!
 


My last post had gotten me thinking about the wicked stepsisters from Cinderella and I remembered that I ordered these awesome stamps from Sandra at The Sassy Club last summer.  I played around with some backgrounds and die cut letters. Unfortunately, you can't really tell from the photos, but I was really proud how this coloring and blending came out- especially since I eyeballed all of my combos. (after lots of test swatches) The one thing is that I wish her stamps had accompanying dies because fussy cutting is so hard and annoying. Those corners are tricky!


I'm slowly starting my Christmas cards. Every year I tell myself I'll do it early and every year I'm always scrambling to finish. Maybe I'll get some Christmas magic in the form of free time soon!






Would you like to comment?