Explore the blog
Friday, January 11, 2013

Blending Distress Inks

Hi All!

Distress Inks are quite fun and I've been trying to use them more often. However, in the past, I've used it more as accents on embellishments I've made. I've seen some amazing cards where people have made some awesome backgrounds with them and after trying many times (like 5 or 6 times during one sit down) I finally created one I liked.


Blending is super hard. I tried using a spritzer for some water effects and it also made the blending a little easier. I also started using a sponge make-up applicator over the standard Tim Holtz one they give you. The inks I used were-

1. Scattered Straw
2. Rusty Hinge
3. Fired Brick
4. Peeled Paint

I used a writing Recollections stamp over the inks with Vintage Sepia Versafine ink. The child stamp was a $1 find at Michael's and the sentiment is from K Andrew Designs. This was just an experiment because as they say- practice makes perfect. I'm hoping with time, it will get easier.

How about you? Do you create backgrounds with Distress Inks? Got any blending tips for a newbie? Thanks!

Would you like to comment?