Explore the blog
Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Disney Birthday

I've taken a little break from the Magnolia and Valentine's Day craze and focused on making some Disney magic for someone special. I've mentioned my friend's father, Mr. Kelly before on this blog, first creating a Jiminy Cricket birthday card for him last year. This year, I decided to go for an old classic- Mickey himself. I wanted to make something colorful and celebratory for Mr. Kelly and this is what I've come up with.


The yellow background paper is from Me and My Big Ideas. The balloons were cut from the Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge. I used various distress inks to color them in and kept their tails black with a Copic marker.

The Mickey I made was from the Mickey and Friends cartridge. I just love this high energetic pose. It screams, "HECK, YEAH! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" But it's Mickey so it'd be more like "Gee, Happy Birthday, Pal!" The celebrate sentiment came from my $1 G Studio stash. I added some red jewels to top it off.

I was listening to Disney radio as I made this and if you're like me and you wish you could be at Walt Disney World 24/7 then you should check out the radio stations on Live 365. My favorite stations are Magical Mouse Radio, Sorcerer Radio and Vacation 24 radio. It's a quick fix for a Disney junkie like me. ;-)

And while I do miss Disney World, I also really miss going there with my friend Kevin and his dad, Mr. Kelly!

Mr. Kelly and I at the Orlando Airport forever ago!

Whould you like to comment?