Explore the blog
Friday, January 29, 2021

Distressed Thanks

So this week has been a bit hectic in work from home land. I’m not the most tech savvy person and I had to learn a new program rather quickly. Thankfully, I was connected with someone who was somewhat of an expert and was very patient with my slightly frenzied e-mails. What’s funny is that I’ve never even met this person! He works in a totally different department and if we were still in the office, I would just walk on down and say thank you. However, with circumstances as they are, I decided to craft him a thank you card instead. (I’m hoping he finds this sweet and not weird and invasive haha) 


I wanted to work on my distress inks with this card. I recently purchased some Distress Oxides after I saw some amazing projects on my friend Rachel’s IG but I got really bright colors and I didn’t want to send this guy a cotton candy looking thing. Instead, I pulled Wild Honey for the edges and then Scattered Straw towards the center. Before that though, I embossed the background using this Hero Arts cling stamp called Starry Night Brushstrokes. I then went over it with the distress inks. I used to use these a lot and I have no idea why I stopped! I definitely see myself purchasing more. 


I had this Thanks sentiment from a stamp pack and I put it directly on there using Memento black ink and honestly, I shouldn’t have done that because you could still see the white embossed swirls from the stamp. I should have stamped the sentiment on a separate piece of card stock and then raised it for dimension but I was afraid to ruin the card so I just used a Copic black marker to fill it in. I’ve been seeing so many cards with these huge die cut letters lately so I think I may invest in those for the future. 


Anyway, hope you are all having a good week. Do something nice for a stranger! We can all use some help right now. 


Would you like to comment?