Explore the blog
Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Resolution

So I head the party planning committee at my job and with everything being remote these days, it’s been a bit of a challenge. I was scrolling through the good ole interwebs for a charity that would logistically work and came across Cards for Kindness


It’s hosted by Scrapbook.com which I will admit I have perused but I’ve never purchased anything from the site. They created a global initiative where you create handmade cards with themes such as Happy Hellos or Thinking of You and they distribute them to hospitals, shelters, retirement homes and other organizations in need. 


I really liked that sentiment because sometimes I want to color an image or just play around with my die-cuts but I don’t necessarily have an occasion or someone in mind to craft for.


 I also thought that this would make a great new year’s resolution since I don’t really do those anyway. They require a minimum of 10 cards for submission so I’m going to try and create 20 different cards. I’m writing about this here as a way to hold myself accountable similar to how I announce my Goodreads challenge every year and then OBSESS over it if it seems I may not make my quota. (Spoiler alert: 2020’s challenge was PITIFUL) Plus, 20 cards in 12 months doesn’t seem that hard right? 


But those could be famous last words, who knows?  

Would you like to comment?