Explore the blog
Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Mariner's Revenge Song

John Paul's brother Tim and I have very similar musical tastes. One band we both love are The Decemberists. Tim loves "The Mariner's Revenge Song" off their album  Picaresque. It is an epic song about a man seeking revenge against a gambling womanizer who left his poor mom sick and penniless. It clocks in at almost 9 minutes and uses many cool instruments such as an accordian and mandolin. The band usually ends their shows with this song and it's always a big hit.

Timmy is in law school out in Pennsylvania so every once in awhile, I try to send him some mail. The words I used are the opening lyrics to the song- "We are two mariners (Our ships' sole survivors) In this belly of a whale." I relied heavily on my Cricut machine (which you see in the background) and some glitter cardstock.

Would you like to comment?