Explore the blog
Thursday, January 2, 2014

Crafty Christmas 2013

As promised, here are the rest of the cards I made for 2013. Again, they were not nearly as many as I had wanted to make, but people were forgiving. I have decided to follow in the footsteps of my friend Amy from Scrap This, Save That. She had an idea for a Christmas Card Catch-Up where she made cards throughout the year and it was a pretty successful venture. I think I'm going to try that and create about 1-2 cards a month and see where I am next December.

This year, I focused on snowflakes. I recently got the Cricut cartridge, Winter Wonderland and there were so many nice die-cuts available.



Before adding this snowflake with 3D zots, I embossed some smaller snowflakes on the card. I ended it with the sentiment, "Let it Snow" which I got from Michael's for a dollar.


For this card, I embossed the writing on the card first and went over it with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress ink. The Believe sentiment also came from the Winter Wonderland cartridge along with the snowflake. This had to be my favorite card of the season.


This next card, I embossed a stocking stamp I had with green glitter powder. I used a Martha Stewart paper puncher for the bottom and I added peppermint twine to the top. The sentiment came from this adorable stamp I found at Paper Presentation which is this wicked store in NYC that sells every type of paper you can imagine.


For this card, I wanted to emboss using two different colors so I used a small paint brush to apply the gold on the antlers and red on the body of the reindeer. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. (Or as messy!)

This last card was made with the Winter Frolic cartridge. The snowman's face was made with a Peachy Keen stamp and I added some peppermint twine to the base of the snow globe.



That's All, Folks. Until next year! (or next month!)


Would you like to comment?