Explore the blog
Monday, October 7, 2013

2 Year Anniversary + A Thank You

Today is my 2 year blog anniversary! I was so excited when I realized the dates the other day. With so many changes happening in my life, it's been so nice to have crafting to turn to.

Today I have a thank you card I made for my coworker, Melanie. Funny enough, she used to work at the Borders that was a block away from my old job! So we probably walked right past each other numerous times in the past. Such a small world. Melanie has been so helpful as I transitioned into my new job and it's just great to have someone nice and funny to chat with during the day. It's also great how much we have in common. =)

To show my gratitude, I wanted to make something special. I realized it has been awhile since I last used my distress inks so I took those out to create this card.


I found this flower stamp from Hero Arts that I totally forgot I had! The distress ink colors are Shaded Lilac on top, Spun Sugar in the middle and Tumbled Glass on the bottom. I realized after that while I like the vivid colors, I think I'm going to buy a bigger sponge and see what kind of effect that has to the paper. I used white embossing powder for the flowers and stamped the sentiment to top it off.

A little while ago, I found a wax sealing kit at Michael's and decided to give it a try.


How cool is that? I was so giddy when it came out that I started yelling at my boyfriend, "I NEED RED WAX SO IT CAN LOOK LIKE I'M A LANNISTER!" Game of Thrones reference. I'm totally buying that wax soon. I just love how sophisticated it looks! Do any of you use wax seals on your cards? How do you like it?


Would you like to comment?