Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Longest Valentine

Like most little girls, my Valentine growing up was always my Dad. He would bring my mom roses and for his mini-sized Valentine, he would bring me a small heart shaped box of chocolates and a Disney card. At 28 years, he's been my longest Valentine. =)

For his card this year, I wanted to make something sparkly and eye catching.


Martha Stewart's Valentine's Day pack came with so many different kinds of paper so I used the Create a Critter 2 cartridge to cut out some glittery hearts. I had some ribbon left over from Christmas time so I used it to hang the Valentines. I was going to stamp a sentiment, but then I actually just liked this as it was. I'm trying to learn exactly when to just stop with a card before it becomes too cluttered.

My Daddy-o!
I'm entering this card in the following challenges-

Red Carpet Studio- "Where the Heart Is" Challenge. Make a card with a heart and this closes on February 16th.
Hiding in my Craft Room- Scraps Challenge. This closes on February 16th.
Little Scrap Pieces- Love is in the Air Challenge. This can be any kind of project having to do with love and it closes on February 14th. 




3 comments:

  1. Wow what a gorgeous card & I love the post as well. Thank you for playing along at Red Carpet Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love that my dad has always done the same makes me so happy as I know your beautiful card will make your dad. Love all the bling. Thanks so much for joining the lsp challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just think this is the sweetest ever! My Dad is longest Valentine too:) Thank you so much for sharing this post with us!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...