Explore the blog
Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sailing Away

Below is a card I made for my Daddy-o, the bestest Navy Veteran I know. My father also likes to paint (I come from creative stock!) and his favorite pictures to make are ocean landscapes. While this is a far cry from the lovely pictures he makes for me, I thought I'd give the nautical theme a crack.






For the background, I turned to my trusty Tim Holtz distress inks. The bottom blue is Broken China and for the sky, I blended yellowish Antique Linen with pinkish Tattered Rose. The waves were cut from my Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge and I used worn looking card stock to give them a rougher look. The sail boat and sentiment were from the dollar stamp rack at Michael's (Oh, how I ADORE that rack!) My Daddy ended up loving it. =)

Have you entered my GIVE-AWAY yet? $25 bucks from Michael's can be yours! That's $25 bucks worth of stamps right there =)

Until Next Time, Happy Crafting!

Whould you like to comment?

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by today!! I'm glad you liked my happy place craft room! I spend almost all my time in there!!

    I LOVE this card!!! I would have never thought of using the Distress Inks to make the background like that!! I just thought you used a pretty patterned paper til I read what you wrote! I only have a few colors, but I SO want to try this now!!

    ReplyDelete