Explore the blog
Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Sweet Friend

One of my other hobbies that I haven't really indulged in for a long time is coloring. I have tons of Disney Princess coloring books hidden underneath piles of Secondary Education textbooks. In college, I used to color a lot and it was a wonderful way to calm down the stress in my all too tiny dorm room. Also, one of my best friend's mother loved to color as well. Sometimes when I would visit him for an old fashioned home cooked meal, his mom and I would color in the living room together and those lovely bouts of nostalgia came back to me a few days ago.

Simply Crafts is having a challenge that involved the Cricut Cartridge, Sweet Treats. The challenge dictates that you use the heart cupcake or something similar. When trying to think of someone who was incredibly sweet in my life, I thought of Mrs. Kelly and coloring and the cards she would mail to my campus mailbox so I had something to open.


I used a lot of bright colors and when I put it all together it looked like some Easter card. I felt like I needed to tone down the colors a little so Distress Ink to the rescue! I used Vintage Photo which is like my favorite color ink pad at this point. Even if you don't have the cartridge, you can still enter the challenge by simply making something that looks like the heart cupcake. Hope you join the fun!

Whould you like to comment?

  1. Very cute card! Love it. :) Thanks for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is ADORABLE. I love the cupcake within the circle! It is awesome. Terrific job and thanks for joining our Simply Crafts Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a sweet card! I too colored for a while too because it was so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete