Explore the blog
Monday, August 20, 2012

Born to Fly

Before I tackled my first decoupage project for my best friend Monique, I needed to figure out what her card would look like. I knew I wanted to keep with her bird theme and her favorite color is purple so during my crafting date with my friends Jenn and Steve, I came up with this card.



I had been looking for cute bird stamps for a few weeks before her birthday. The top and bottom borders are from Recollections and using a special scissor cutter, I took some lilac card stock and cut the edges before stamping the bird and sentiment.


I thought it was missing something, so I added flowers to the corners and put silver stickles in the middle for a little extra sparkle. I choose the sentiment "Born to Fly" over a 'Happy Birthday' one, because I think the reason Monique loves birds so much is because they're free to go wherever they want to. They have no restraints and can fly as high as they want. That reminds me a lot of her so I thought that would be appropriate.

So until next time, Happy Crafting!

Would you like to comment?