Explore the blog
Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mee Chelle vs. Glitter Embossing

Glitter is not my friend. Embossing which looks SO EASY on all those amazing how-to videos I spend hours looking at online never seem to be THAT easy for me. On a trip to Michael's I bought a glitter pack from the Martha Stewart collection because I was determined to master this.

Buy on Amazon



I attempted to create a glitter embossed Christmas Tree card. This is how it came out.



Pretty right? I thought so too. Then I let it sit after EXTENSIVE heating from my embossing tool. When I started to write my sentiments on the inside the next day, this is what happened.




Epic fail. So back to Michael's I go. What I find infuriating about that place is that the workers never seem to be able to help me. I would think that if you worked at Michael's you may pick up a thing or two about arts and crafts. No such luck. So I returned Martha's glitter pack and bought some Stampendous Glitter and clear embossing ink. I also threw in a VersaMark stamp pad for good measure.

Buy at Simon Says Stamp!


Buy at Simon Says Stamp!

So finally, it seems as if I finally found the right tools because I tried making the card again with different colors this time and this is what I came up with. In retrospect, it looks a bit like a Chanukah card, but hey- Tis the Season!

Would you like to comment?